FILLERS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LESNPAM

Established Member
Reaction score
HI ALL
this has proberbly been asked before but
what should one do as some fillers (mahogany) when sanded is a lot lighter than the actual timber
regads
les

I have a series of coloured permanent marker pens, made by one of the wood finish companies (Liberon, maybe?)......just a quick dab with the nearest one of those would do the job.

I say would do the job, because, of course, I would never have need of filler :wink: :whistle: :^o !!

Mike

Beware of making the filler match the wood, very often once a finish is applied the filler absorbs more of the finish and shows up darker, if in doubt do a few tests on scrap wood.

Jason

If I'm working on such a job, and need to fill. I really hate having to resort to it, but if theres no other option, I get the dust out of my orbital sander bag and mix with white glue, until it looks and feels like a filler (if you know what i mean) I then wipe it on wherever needed and leave for 24 hours. It then sands nice and cleanly off.

Its hard to say really.... depends how big the gap is. If the gap is too big, then then joint has to be fixed properly. Sometimes filling with the timber itself can look alright too.

Latest posts

Back