Festool to Wickes Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porker

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just given in and bought a TS55 but want to connect the extraction up to my Wickes vac. I'm sure the Festool vac is very good but I don't want to splash out for that just yet. Apologies if this has been answered before but I can't find anything that tells me what adaptor I need and where I can get it from. I think the Wickes vac is a standard size.

Has anyone else done this?

Your best bet is to buy a Festool hose either anti static (more expensive) or non static (cheaper). That will take care of the TS 55 end, you will then need to match up the hose to your wicked machine, you might find the by removing the coupling end of the hose it might fit inside the standard size hose, it it does then masking tap is the answer.

The thing you have to remember here is that the dust extraction might not be as efficient.

I've found a good way to make your own adaptors between similar sizes of small vacuum cleaner type hose ends and hand held tools is to use some 40mm bathroom waste pipe and a heat gun.
Heat it till it becomes flexible, then wiggle the thing you're trying to fit into it in the end until it stretches the bathroom waste pipe. Leave it to cool, and it'll retain the shape.

I've also had success with reducing bathroom waste pipe to fit into a small dust port on my circular saw. Same procedure, but something tapered to reduce it uniformly is handy.

I gave in and bought the Festool hose and I have to say it's excellent it fits in my TS55 really well and I'm sure it will be the same on the domino. The other end goes into a blast gate and again fits really well.

I'm not sure about the size of the Wickes hose end but it is probably the 50mm standard.

Thanks all for the replies. I feel an silly person because I thought that because I was trying to connect to non Festool, there would not be a Festool part to help me. I may try the plumbing fitting route tomorrow as I have a lot of plastic parts. Fairly sure I'll end up using the proper hose though after wasting several hours.

Axi do a sort of stepped reducer thing. Made from rubber. I cut the big end to fit my Henry Hoover and the small end fits my track saw, skill saw and sanders.

Perfectly sensible question. I join a 27mm Festool hose to my Karcher by joining the Festool connector to my Karcher connector with silicone hose, see picture. The hose was from a performance tuning motor shop on Ebay.

Hi Porker, et al...

How did you get on with this in the end?. I've the same query, just bought a TS55 and want to set up dust extraction using my Wickes vac too?
Happy to buy the hose but what diameter is the other end of the pipe, ie the bigger one, not 27mm end :D
just measured the port on the Wickes vac, its around 56 - 57mm mark
Cheers!
will get round to buying the Festool vac at some point, however funds v v stretched right now...

You could try some 50 mm heat shrink tubing as temp measure. I did it with a sander, use a few layers and you get quite a substantial fitting.

Thanks for the tip n0legs...
I rejigged a few things, did some sums and went for the Festool Vac..
My sense is that the folks who design these tools would assume an extractor is an integral part of the system, and would be puzzled why anyone would not have these working in tandem.....

Latest posts

Back