Festool 'MFT (Multifunctional Table)'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been following Byrons kitchen refit and one of his photos shows the Festool Multifunctional Table. I must admit that on first seeing the table I was more than a little curious about it and definitely like the look of it.

I contacted Byron and he was good enough to tell me a little more about the table and has sai he can supply me with some further details (thanks for that and futher information would be appreciated)

Does anyone else own this item or has any experience in its use?

It has already gone very high up on my wish list and almost onto the "I'm going to buy one list".

Surely Byron is not the only one here to possess this pice of equipment.

Gary.

The MFT is very much part of the Festool system and accordingly is at its most useful as a platform for the Festool power tools - for instance some users have replaced their table saws with a combination of MFT, TS55 and a tool operated vac (not necessarily the Festool offerings, though those are apparently excellent). In this capacity it is a very useful set-up indeed.
On the other hand, it is not a strong substitute for a conventional cabinetmaker's bench, being too light and insufficiently rigid without weights and bracing, (though these can relatively easily be done).
There are sites worth visiting for more information, woodshopdemos and Jerry Work have been mentioned, (strongly concur), but there is also a Festool topic on ubeaut and a very active Festool Owners Group website.
At the very last Axminster Tool Fair, (where I bought mine), the Festool demonstrater opined that it was the most underestimated of all the Festool kit.
regards

Here's one I prepared earlier.....

wshop3.jpg

Very versatile although my use is not strictly orthodox. I made the Incra detachable but have to confess that I've never detached it.

Another 'good idea at the time' but never actually implemented was the Festool adapter plate that fits a DW621 router and slides up and down the guide rail thus providing an easy way of cutting housings etc.

Roger Sinden":1qsjy273 said:
Here's one I prepared earlier.....

wshop3.jpg

Very versatile although my use is not strictly orthodox. I made the Incra detachable but have to confess that I've never detached it.

Another 'good idea at the time' but never actually implemented was the Festool adapter plate that fits a DW621 router and slides up and down the guide rail thus providing an easy way of cutting housings etc.

Roger,

I own an MFT. One of the things I like about it is the massive flexibility. From posts on the Festool Owners Group (FOG) and other places, it seems that people use them for a wide variety of things.

For me, it's a great on-site workbench while remodeling my master bathroom. What's nice is that it is IN the bathroom. I've used it as a cross-cutting "tablesaw" (w/TS55), a sanding station (w/RO150), routing station (w/OF1400), a drill/assembly station (w/C12 and other tools), a drywall cutting station (w/multiple tools), and a whole bunch more.

Here's a review on the Festool CT22 hose garage: http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php?topic=333.0. It has pics of my MFT in my "workshop" (bathroom).

A thread about creating a quick and dirty "bench vise" for an MFT: http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php?topic=887.0 .

Here's a thead about a fellow who built a custom jumbo MFT: http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php?topic=805.0 .

Here's a "Stow and Go Router Table that I'm going to build for my Hitachi M12V. I took one look at this and realized that it would be a great, portable router table that is a natural attachement for my MFT: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ ... x?id=28007 .

This is a pic of the MFT in "tablesaw" mode:
6_12_04_07_12_27_23.jpg

A pic showing CT22 + hose garage + boom arm + C12 systainer UNDER the MFT:
6_06_04_07_11_07_13.jpg

Finally, this is a pic of an MFT being used as a miter saw stand for the new Festool Kapex:
6_13_03_07_11_07_02.jpg

So, what is an MFT? It depends on who you ask or your own imagination. :D

Regards,

Dan.

Roger Sinden":aizaeay4 said:

Roger, is this a plate you intend to make yourself, or does one of the Festool plates fit the 621? If so do you know which plate fits the DW?

Keith

Back