Festool Domino will it cut a 6mmx47mm slot?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Have a big job and have a number of slots to cut which are 6x47mm to a depth of 25mm - will a domino cut this quicker than a router with a template?

CHeers

Ian

Do they have to be *exactly* 47mm wide? Domino with a 6mm cutter on the mid-setting makes a 25 x 6mm mortice - figure out a way to register two side-by-side and you'll have something pretty close, if 'pretty close' is good enough.

This guide shows relevant slot sizes for each cutter, at each setting.

Whether it's quicker than a router & template combo would depend on more variables than I'd care to speculate on, tbh.

HTH Pete

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, it depends on what type of template you are planning on using and how long it will take you to set it up. Also how easy is it to

After a couple of test cuts I reckon I could do it repeatedly and pretty exactly with my DF700 with three marks and two plunges.

Thanks guys for the replies - the slot does not have to be exact - I feel the router/template method would be quicker and less out of pocket!

Will have a do a few tests.

Cheers

IAn

Back