Festool angle guide for track rattles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoinerySolutions

Established Member
Reaction score
Just aquired (and awaiting dire consequences when the credit card bill arrives) a Festool TS 55 and kit including the angle guide.
This came as part of the FS-SYS/2 accessory kit.
It rattles in the slot. The black plastic locating lugs have a grub screw in a blind hole and when backed out impedes the ingress of the guide.
I am thinking it needs to be screwed inwards but am worried it will burst through the other side.

Anyone had any experience with this as the kit was devoid of instructions?

Cheers for any ideas, Rob.

If its anything like the router guide that came with my 1010 router you tighten the grub screws in and they swell the plastic out and take up the slack.

What made you buy the angle guide set out of curiosity ? quiet a few people say they didn't bother buying the whole set and most say they never use the angle guide.

I bought 2 clamps , 2 joiners and a spare 1400 when I bought my TS55 a few years back since then I have bought a longer rail and a few other bits and pieces.

Another useful thing if you have to cut down a door that is swinging, is (489790) Quick-action clamp. It looks like a gun, it helps when clamping the rail to the door especially on the hinge side.

PS the best place for Festool help is www.festoolownersgroup.com

Thanks for that Chippy, reason was that the cost of the kit including the systainer case to keep it all safe and tidy was fairly reasonable when all costed out. Also thought it would come in useful when cutting kite winders, I make a lot of staircases.
Only had to buy a new saw 'cos some muppet at last place of work mangled my Dewalt and put it away without comment. :evil:
So now upgraded and hopefully improved my kit. :D
Rob.

That happened to me once, I lent a Hitachi circ saw to an apprentice and he dropped it and snapped a big chunk of the cast base. I only found out when I went to use it the next day he didnt bother telling me just put it back in my van :shock:

I have been happy to loan out kit within the workshop confines for years, but now that just will not happen. People used to treat other mens tools with respect but it seems to be less so. A great pity.
The link was very informative, thanks.

Hello From Omaha Nebraska US.
The grub Screw should fix any play. The FS KS is a temperamental accessory that often causes more heartache than help.
The reason: the rubber grip of the rail is stronger than the clamping pressure of the guide. You will often adjust the angle rather than move the rail when positioning on a sheet. the trick is to rest the rail and angle guide on the near EDGE of the sheet and then lay the assembly down onto the sheet at the desired angle.
Hope this helps.

Craig

Thanks for the info Craig, it is user experience shared that makes life easier. :D
I had a play last night and got it nice and snug and found that the anti kickback device helps to grip the angle setting unit in place.
Your handle seems familiar..... are you on FOG too!?

Latest posts

Back