Felder DADO CUTTER

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randgbruce

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have bought a new Felder 741 Combination Machine & so far everything is good
Ordered a Dado Cutter from felder & will not fit. Still waiting to hear from Felder.
Has anyone had same problem.
Machine is great but After Sales is very poor hope it improves or will be buying from
other dealers in Future.
Cheers Fulton (hammer)

Which dado cutter as I understand only the 5mm saw blade will work as a dado unless you have an adaptor fitted

:( Looks like it's a factory fitted option, wish they let me know as would have had it fitted.
Will see if they come up with anything.
Cheers Fulton

Yes as you've now found out, you've got to specify it as one of the extras available, I just bought alternatives for use on the spindle on mine

Hi,
I have the same one and was a little disappointed with the smoothness of the cut but maybe I am to fussy.

Hi,
I have the Felder Saw/Spindle 700.
Excellent machine. I have both size of the Dado and both finishes are a bit disappointing.

Hi Fulton,
I was very lucky in as much that I bought my machine from a School Teacher who only used it in his spare time and had every thing on it apart from the Dado Blades which he sold separately. But after using it very infrequently I am very pleased with it. All of my machines are Felder which are excellent but the spare bits and pieces are very expensive. It doesn't have a scoring blade which I would have liked.

Thanks Michael - I agree the machine is great but as you say extras are not cheap also the customer service is in need of improvement.
When I showed interest of machine they were in contact every minute but now I have a problem still waiting to hear that was Tuesday.
After spending 20k I would expect better.
Cheers
Fulton

Hi Fulton,
I have just gone through the ordeal of changing my cutter head on my Planer/Thicknesser to a Byrd Shelix cutter block and am in the process of getting a Felder Technician to come out and re commission it back to life as it was far beyond my skilset to do it, in the meantime my Dust Extractor had not been working as it should have and beings though it was still under warranty I called Felder to talk about it and mentioned to them that as I was getting them to come down to me to sort out my Planer/Thicknesser that we do a deal on the cost of travel for the Technician as he would also be sorting out the Warranty problem and was told they would get straight back to me but surprise surprise nothing at all, that was 6 days ago but when I was going to buy the dust extractor I had no end of courtesy calls and good wishes. Funny old world...

I am losing respect for them, I won't give up though. If they continue to ignore me I shall contact the HSE and get them to look at my Dust Extractor and tell me if they think it is legal which I know it isn't then I shall light a Fire under them to get them moving.

Well it worked, I did get the HSE involved who confirmed that it was a health hazard and low an behold Felder couldn't get out quick enough and did a very good deal on the travelling fee ie nothing, had to pay for my planer to be re-tuned and I must admit that the service engineer Kevin was excellent and very helpful and did a thorough job.

Latest posts

Back