felder cutterblock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep it’s the 731 here it is in thicknesser mode showing no spring assist, fortunately the tables aren’t that big

View attachment 96594

It’s a fairly old machine & I don’t know if it’s because my Hammer has much bigger tables or because it is a newer machine but it’s double sprung.

View attachment 96595

Well live and learn i have the exact model stand alone it is a 2003 and has four springs (the long type) the tables are nearly 1.7 long so them tables must get heavy I used to have the bf6 combination before this and that had springs as well.

Are you sure you’re not confusing this with the gas strut on the power feed on Felder combination? Whilst I’m certainly no expert on Felder machines I’m wondering where you could place a strut under the table that wouldn’t foul thicknessing

No, no, no, definitely a table lifting aid! 1990s Felder AD741, one-finger lifting of the tables (although it does take a little extra effort with just one finger 😂 .

27dIEjm.jpg

I had always just assumed they would've carried on with that design because it's pretty much faultless.

Well live and learn i have the exact model stand alone it is a 2003 and has four springs (the long type) the tables are nearly 1.7 long so them tables must get heavy I used to have the bf6 combination before this and that had springs as well.
I guess Clive it is what specifications you ask for when you order your machine

No, no, no, definitely a table lifting aid! 1990s Felder AD741, one-finger lifting of the tables (although it does take a little extra effort with just one finger 😂 .

27dIEjm.jpg

I had always just assumed they would've carried on with that design because it's pretty much faultless.
As I said no expert & ive never seen that before, would be handy on my A3 41 tables.

Lying in bed thinking about this in the wee hours as you do 😖 & I can only comment on the Hammer spiral blocks but I can’t see this being an issue re turning the tips, for one the leading corner of one tip covers the the corner of the next tip so if you rotate them in the same direction there shouldn’t be an issue with a dull corner.

View attachment 96597

& secondly the two rows of tips aren’t in line as these two photos of the end of the block show.

View attachment 96598

View attachment 96599

So I really can’t see the problem you relate to happening, that said I have no experience of any other brand of carbide tipped block which if the tips do run in line with other tips I could quite see it leaving a ridge.
Do let me know when you need a new set of knives. I gather Felder are quite pricey.

Do you know if the gas strut is an option on the A3 41? I’m thinking of getting one and would specify it. I can ask the Felder rep anyway.
A quick look through the Felder catalogue suggests not as I was unable to find one in the accessories section but as you say it’s worth asking.

Back