Felder AD 741

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddywack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anybody changed the cutter head on their Felder for a Byrd Shelix, if so how did it go and was it worth it.
Regards

Hello Michael, can't help you with this specific question, but I'm a Felder CF741 user just a mile or two from you in Lymington. You could try asking this question on the Felder User Group?

Hi,
I have been speaking to Felder and it looks like they might send a Technician out to fit it for me, I have to pay off course but I am better with wood than Machines, just going through the ifs and buts with them.

There is a recent discussion on Felder Owners Group. The outcome was it went well. I am not convinced of the benefits yet. I understand that whilst it cuts more efficiently, quieter and makes smaller shavings the downside is the need to sand the finish more than with a normal block. I would like to compare them cutting a reasonably difficult wood.

Michael, please keep us informed how this goes, I'm a Felder CF741 user just a mile or two from you in Lymington and I'd be interested in the outcome of this. Thanks.

Hi Custard,
Had a quote from Felder and nearly Fainted so me and a friend of mine are going to have a go. I have ordered the replacement Bearings from Felder and once they arrive it will be watch this space time.
Whats the worse that could happen!!!!!

Paddywack":5nwx69gn said:
Hi Custard,
Had a quote from Felder and nearly Fainted so me and a friend of mine are going to have a go. I have ordered the replacement Bearings from Felder and once they arrive it will be watch this space time.
Whats the worse that could happen!!!!!

They don't seem to do bargains in Austria do they! What was the quote out of interest?

Best of luck with the upgrade, keep us posted!

I don't know how to send you an email as I would send you over the quote, it would only be relevant to you as it includes a big chunk of travel time and beings as you are a mile or so away from me and nothing to be gained by putting it on here, if you know how to send me an email on here do so and I will forward the quote over to you.
What do you do in Lymington?

Oh dear, what a nightmare!
Not for the feint hearted, it was more work than I was led to believe but am now an "expert" ha ha. It was all going ok until I realised I didn't have the skill to set it up to the same level as the old Block, but after getting Felder to come out and re commission it which took about three hours it is much quieter and easier to push on the Planer and the finish is better than the four blade head I replaced. The new cutters should work out cheaper in the long run but it isn't about the cost just the finish and noise.

Latest posts

Back