Feeling pleased!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinx

Established Member
Reaction score
The downside was I got a serious bout of Vertigo three weeks ago - If anyones had it you know how awful it is - not serious, but a horrible illness and was signed off work for the first time in 7 years, last time it was for the same thing too. Anyway back to work tomorrow, but for the last 2 or 3 days I have felt okay again and got out to the shed...

So I managed to make;
A rolling stand for my mite saw,
A rolling base for my table saw,
A Cross Cut Sled - a design suggested by a forum member too,
a rare earth magnet rack for my lathe tools,
Sorted out the screws, and nuts and bolt trays,

Feeling good - but don't want to go back tomorrow now :cry: Jinx.

Jinx, glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope you've managed to clean off the green coating - no, sorry, that's verdigris :lol:
Joking aside, I know how bad vertigo can be as I seem to have become a sufferer as I've got older. Something to do with the inner ear affecting balance? I first noticed it a couple of years ago when I got up on the roof to re-paint and couldn't tell if I was standing upright or leaning to one side. It made me feel so nauseated that I had to get down on all fours and crawl back to the ladder.
Still, you seem to have filled your time-off productively.

You have my sympathy - got what the doc thought was an inner ear infection earlier this year and was staggering around and vomiting like nobody's business. Pretty 'orrible, but it cleared up in a couple of days; only thing was that the blood test done to check for other possibilities turned up several other problems of which I had been blissfully aware.
So just in case you could have any of them, it might be worth having a proper blood test.
But it sounds like a bit of time off work was very productive.

Thanks Wellywood, Thanks Dickm - as far as illness go not very serious but shockingly unpleasant - it came on in about 10 minutes after feeling a little under the weather for just an hour or so - I work by a paramedic base and I fell over in the room, vomiting, turned grey and was hooked up to heart monitors and taken away on a stretcher in minutes - caused quite a stir actually. They suspected a heart attack or stroke - it was mildy amusing to say later, nah it was an ear infection...

First day back yesterday - no more shed time until Mon and Tues my days off next week!
Jinx

Jinx

Pleased your sorted and back to work, I've never had a problem with heights but I suffer inner ear problems after a few brandys (balance goes all the hell) seriously though it's nice to see you got so much done in the workshop.

Baldhead

rspsteve":2b34om8e said:
Jinx..this thread is useles with out pics...lol
Steve

So, what do you want then? Piccies of the ceiling, piccies of the Paramedic's boots?

I'll have a look round and see if anybody took any piccies of my mini-stroke!

IT'S A JOKE FOLKS! :) :) :) :mrgreen:

Jinx":17bvyp7h said:
Thanks Wellywood, Thanks Dickm - as far as illness go not very serious but shockingly unpleasant - it came on in about 10 minutes after feeling a little under the weather for just an hour or so - I work by a paramedic base and I fell over in the room, vomiting, turned grey and was hooked up to heart monitors and taken away on a stretcher in minutes - caused quite a stir actually. They suspected a heart attack or stroke - it was mildy amusing to say later, nah it was an ear infection...

First day back yesterday - no more shed time until Mon and Tues my days off next week!
Jinx
Hey dude,,,,you"d better go back up north "cos hospitals down here ain"t performin" too well accordin" to the politicians,,,,,,,,

Ha thanks for the kind words gents, Jothedrummer, I thought Good Hope Hospital, was called 'No Hope Hospital' anyway, which was not far from the 'Alsatian Grill' due to the publicity they got about all their locally sourced free ingredients ha ha.

Yeah pics, I will have a go at posting some in a couple of days - Jinx

Back