Favourite tipple.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a terrible question to ask someone, how are you supposed to choose. :)

I like:
Hendriks
Bombay saphia
Glen Moray
Oban
Duval
most Polish beers excluding Lech
Guiness west indies porter
Leffe
the majority of the Dunham Massey brewers tipples
wisniowka

dzj":1nh6144o said:
Like many people in my country, I distill my own rakia. Grapes, apricots, pears...
Luckily I also know a few local wine makers who supply me with Riesling, Merlot and blends of their own.
Much, much better stuff than anything store-bought.

As a Brit your are taught as a youngling that all mushrooms from the forest will kill you instantly, and homemade spirit will send you blind, it is also illegal to distill your own. ;)

F.

Talisker
Caol Isla
Laphroaig
Balvenie
Slyrs (German malt whisky - who knew!)
I could go on.....

Fitzroy":3s7me6zn said:
dzj":3s7me6zn said:
Like many people in my country, I distill my own rakia. Grapes, apricots, pears...
Luckily I also know a few local wine makers who supply me with Riesling, Merlot and blends of their own.
Much, much better stuff than anything store-bought.

As a Brit your are taught as a youngling that all mushrooms from the forest will kill you instantly, and homemade spirit will send you blind, it is also illegal to distill your own. ;)

F.

As a default set of rules for the young and reckless, that's good advice, and will reliably keep you alive.

To know WHICH mushrooms will kill you, and HOW to distill so that it doesn't blind you is much more complex. Doable, but complex.

BugBear

monkeybiter":30ebm66f said:
petermillard":30ebm66f said:
skipdiver":30ebm66f said:
Gin tastes like aftershave...
I have to ask - how would you know??

Cheers!
Many moons ago I drank a small bottle of Brut. Just the one. Ever.

Lol, me too, but I was just 3 at the time - what's your excuse?

Hmm for me most common tipple is Southern Comfort, with the occasional port when I'm at my folks.

Favorite? Well that's a different ball game altogether: A.H Hirsch Reserve - I've had just ONE snifter of it, just 2 fingers EVER - on my 40th birthday. It was a gift to my father from an american client who also likes his spirits. He keeps the bottle locked up, and after I googled it, I know why.

Home-made damson gin.

Blackberry gin is pretty good too, but don't overdo the sugar when making it - the fruit flavours tend to be dulled behind a cloying, liquer-like sweetness.

Fitzroy":i1x9s3k5 said:

F.

It's quite legal where I'm from. Actually, it's a bit of a national pastime.
True, it can be dangerous, but making a spirit safe for consumption is not that complicated (basic chemistry).
Making it taste good , well, that's more like an art form.

Good advice regarding mushrooms!

I'll give you a clue... See if you can guess. :oops:
That box marked 'Fragile' contains my Liver.
The numbers on the boxes relate to the year I won't live to.

3RyQ4hc.jpg

I used to have a cupboard full of single malts. Now I drink Bell's. Heigh ho.

Gin should be Bombay Sapphire at least. Definitely not Gordon's, vile stuff. Actually Tesco own brand Classic is not bad. It's not BS but it is streets ahead of Gordon's.

At a village show I tasted something from a company based in Uttoxeter. I forget their name, I'm sure Mr Google remembers.

Ah, so he does:

It wasn't cheap but it was really superb stuff. Maybe a Christmas treat.

But for guest dinners how about:

Slow Comfortable Screw -
Sloe gin, Southern Comfort, OJ.

Gigolo's Delight -
Gin, 2x Sweet Vermouth, Dry Vermouth, OJ.

Brandy Alexander -
Spanish Brandy (or Italian, Greek, anything Mediterranean but French), Crème de cacao, cream, sprinkling of grated nutmeg

Russian cocktail -
Vodka, gin, crème de cacao,

Black Russian -
2x vodka, Kahlua

Brexit -
Paraffin, bleach, sulphur. No-one knows what it tastes like but we are going to drink it anyway.

Bm101":1fbje6ed said:
I'll give you a clue... See if you can guess. :oops:
That box marked 'Fragile' contains my Liver.
The numbers on the boxes relate to the year I won't live to.

3RyQ4hc.jpg

That's my boy and coffee for the morning after =D> :lol:

well i will chip in
Louis x111 has to be my favorite
can i afford it ..no
i had a bottle unopened for many years
opened for GF 40th and we treasured it over 3 days
still have the bacarat decanter
rough and ready I like vodka cheap lidl stuff stored in freezer
a nice bottle of rioja is my go to drink

Steve

My top of the list is Port, either red or white. We also get through a fair bit of G and T as its Tams favourite drink, but it has to be the nice stuff.

Bombay sapphire, sip smith, Brecon botanicals, Opihr, Hendricks to name but a few and all with decent tonic (fever tree tonic).

And the only whiskey I like is Tennessee Honey.

For a non alcoholic tipple it's definitely the good old cuppa............Dom

Anything alcoholic except that girlie drink - gin. I don't understand how anybody can actually choose to drink it.

My favourite is Laphroaig whisky, when I'm feeling flushed, but Aldi Highland Black is an excellent every day tipple.

n0legs":335su2ww said:
That's my boy and coffee for the morning after =D> :lol:
God almighty man. That's the Mrs' coffee. I don't drink that pish. :D

If you're gonna do something, do it properly ffs.

a9q6oIb.jpg

It should be so strong the spoon stands to attention. Otherwise you're doing it wrong.

:wink:

Hop House Lager from Guinness......and before I get slated by the real ale brigade beer in Europe is lager so there!

Oh and Stella if they run out...don't like spirits they get me into trouble!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Back