Favourite tipple.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score
Hard day in the office, children screaming blue murder in the bath, but all is good I have a G&T.

F.

A G&T is not just a G&T, both the G and the T need to be specified here!

My everyday favourite is Bombay Sapphire and Schweppes Tonic. Luckily I am well stocked up on the Sapphire having just been on a trip to Gibraltar, under a tenner a litre there, makes you sick really at the taxes we pay.

I hadn't bought gun for a long time anywhere but at the supermarket. I went to buy a bottle as a leaving gift for a staff member, so I went to the off licence, seems there has been a gin explosion, there was four shelves of the stuff to chose from. I could have paid upwards of £100 for a single bottle!

Fitzroy":25tgag10 said:
I hadn't bought gun for a long time anywhere but at the supermarket. I went to buy a bottle as a leaving gift for a staff member, so I went to the off licence, seems there has been a gin explosion, there was four shelves of the stuff to chose from. I could have paid upwards of £100 for a single bottle!

Yes guns can be expensive.

2 parts Scotch (blended , why ruin a single malt? ) and 1 part Drambuie over a couple of ice cubes. If a really sharp relax is called for , Brandy ( Ontario makes some pretty good ones) and my nearly worn ragged copy of The Lord Of The Rings (omnibus edition).

Home made blackberry gin, cheapish gin a dozen blackberrys lime and lemon zest sugar and leave it for a couple of months.

Pete

Well I like a Lidl French beer to accompany a weekday meal. At about 2.6% Im not in much risk of exceeding the recommended no of units!

Weekends, maybe a port, Blandys, blackberry vodka. That toffee vodka is rather nice

Malbec for me. No problem at all staying within 20 units a week; 1 unit = 1 bottle, right??

Also:-
skipdiver":9i58a5os said:
Gin tastes like aftershave...
I have to ask - how would you know??

Cheers!

Pernod with just a touch of lemonade for me. Problem is it just goes down too easily and a bottle doesn't last long enough. :oops: I have to stop when the TV screen starts to float. :lol:

Port and black Sambuca. Or a red wine for the other 364 days you need to recover.

petermillard":1xqqy50i said:
skipdiver":1xqqy50i said:

Cheers!
Many moons ago I drank a small bottle of Brut. Just the one. Ever.

I'm a new fan of black Sambuca too, very nice.
On a recent holiday I stumbled upon Aperol Spritz; 3xProsecco:2xAperol:1xsoda water, nice long drink. Mmmm, need to buy more prosecco. :eek:ccasion5:

Southern Comfort - Lemonade
Vodka (Absolut) - Neat
Bacardi - Coke
Pernod - Neat
Aftershock (red) - Neat
Absinthe (black) - Neat
Baileys - with Teachers or on Coco Pops. Go on try it.
And if I'm really stuck, meths with some boot polish.

petermillard":rbv6chwb said:
Malbec for me. No problem at all staying within 20 units a week; 1 unit = 1 bottle, right??

Also:-
skipdiver":rbv6chwb said:

Cheers!

Chemosensation. Smell and taste receptors are closely linked. To me it smells like aftershave, ergo, my mind tells me it will taste the same. Either way, it's bloody awful.

Like many people in my country, I distill my own rakia. Grapes, apricots, pears...
Luckily I also know a few local wine makers who supply me with Riesling, Merlot and blends of their own.
Much, much better stuff than anything store-bought.

My all time favourite beer has just been discontinued. EFES DARK. Brewed by muslims in Turkey.
I'm so upset I've given up beer.
Had to resort to my old standby Stolichnaya vodka and full fat coke.

A dark rum, bucket of ice and some lemonade. To make it even better a deckchair, warm weather and a dusky maiden of negotiable virtue.
I've spent over 35 years at sea so any rum is good. Favourite is Four bells.

Latest posts

Back