Face protection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also vote for the Trend Airshield for protection but they are a bit of a pineapple when you pick up the cup of tea.

Random Orbital Bob":378gy8wk said:
I use the Trend Airshield pro which is powered. The advantage is it doesn't mist up and you don't end up sweating like a leper!

me also.... :)

Honeywell Bionic.

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/339200

I use it with an angle grinder too and its fantastic against sparks.
I have one at work also (metalwork) and the amount of knocks and hits its taken both when worn and something hitting it when not worn makes me confident that it'll be fine against bits of wood that may part themselves from my workpiece.

Deflects dust pretty well but of course a mask is always preferable anyway.

-Matt-

If you're looking for just face protection without the dust extraction that the airshield provides, I just use one from screwfix, cheap and cheerful, does the job.

If it's just face protection you want then +1 for the Honeywell Bionic (polycarbonate anti fog version). It's the most comfortable face visor around.

Full face shield and cartridge type mask.

Or you could do like when I started one hand over eyes and one over mouth chisel under arm. no wonder I am useless at turning :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello,

Although, like most on this forum, I aspire to having a nice powered faceshield and mask the cost of one is substantial.
Therefore, I have an unpowered 3M 6899 / 6898 full face respirator mask. The mask has all the certifications one would think necessary in industry and is hence great.The advantage is that you get excellent visibility, no need for expensive batteries, the fit is comfortable and the filters are interchangeable so you can buy the 3M range of certified filters for use with solvents, wood dust, etc. Therefore the mask is useful for many things. The disadvantage is that the mask looks like a gas mask so can be scary for kids :->. But at the price <50 GBP, I think it is a great and safe start.

Back