Face mask, what to get for Xmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobytools

Established Member
Reaction score
The family are chipping on to get me a GOOD face mask for turning. As I don't see myself ever stopping Turing a thing or two a good mask is essential. Have to take care of ones lungs.
Any recommendations.
TT

I think the big question is how much are they prepared to spend, if funds are not a problem then the trend or airace. So a price range is a good start

Ive got both the Airshield Pro and a 3M half face mask (7500) with the particulate filter only rather than the big cartridge filters that do VOC's as well as particles.

I almost always use the 3M now because its soooooooo much less weighty and unwieldy than the airshield. I do use the airshield on the rare occasions when I have large and unbalanced timber on the lathe as the fly off risk warrants full face protection. But from a pure long term comfort (and cost) perspective the 3M wins every time.

I got a Trend Airshield pro, but I have to concur with Bob. I now use a Moldex 7000 half mask with P3 (particulate + ozone). Its great, very light, works well with eye glasses (no fogging them up), easy to decontaminate, maintain & the filters do not obstruct vision.

Only thing I would add is when not in use store it in container that keeps it away from any contaminants. (Mine is kept in a small snap top plastic bucket)

The trend looks better and costs a lot more than the Moldex.
Surely I'd be better of getting the trend???

Can Someone give me a link to the Moldex that will do what I ask, and point me in the direction of some good specs.
I don't turn every day so maby the cheaper one would be best?

TT

Latest posts

Back