F/D blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff3

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why f/d spirel blades have the flat ends at right angles to each other. I find it a right drag haveing to twist a delicate thin blade,and a cannot decide wich way to twist tighten the spirel or slacken. or am I being to pickie expecting them to be at the same angle.
cheers geoff3

Hi Geoff3
I don't use spirals much myself but the ones I use are FD blades and yes they have the ends set at 90 degrees to each other. I don't know where you get your blades from but I use http://www.mikesworkshop.com/. I notice that Mike has got a much larger selection of spirals than he used to have and some are labled flat end blades, so maybe they address the issue.
If you contact Mike he will be only too willing to tell you anything you need to know, he is a very helpful guy. BTW if you have never dealt with Mike before I suggest you give him a try for your blades. His service is second to none and his prices including shipping from the US are very competitive.
Mick

Latest posts

Back