• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

extraction advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

frosties

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, I currently have a 600 wat kitty chip extractor attached to my planer.
I was wondering if this will have enough suck to pull chips from my table saw and bandsaw. 100 mm di hose over about 8 - 10 Meters over head.

Heres a little picasso

I think I'm prob better just getting a seperate extractor for the table saw and bandsaw but would be great if the kitty has the power to pull that distance.

Any advise welcome

I have the most of the hose and gates so would just neet to get 1 t junction. I'd rather not cut all the hose up and then need to just get a new extractor and end up with loads of little bits of hose.

Cheers

Attachments

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the specs of the kitty but looking at your drawing I would if pos, run the hose the other way, it seems a smaller distance to the TS and BS, then have a Y piece close to the extractor to get to the unlabeled machine.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
If your running the hose over head then maybe across the middle? If the kitty is a true chip extractor then a better option maybe a second closer extractor thats more suited to finner dust.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
As HC says...different requirements. Planer/thicknesser/spindle moulders create more chips than dust so need high vol throughout.

table saw/bandsaw are dust creators...use something like a Camvac or similar.