extraction advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frosties

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, I currently have a 600 wat kitty chip extractor attached to my planer.
I was wondering if this will have enough suck to pull chips from my table saw and bandsaw. 100 mm di hose over about 8 - 10 Meters over head.

Heres a little picasso

I think I'm prob better just getting a seperate extractor for the table saw and bandsaw but would be great if the kitty has the power to pull that distance.

Any advise welcome

I have the most of the hose and gates so would just neet to get 1 t junction. I'd rather not cut all the hose up and then need to just get a new extractor and end up with loads of little bits of hose.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 144
Not sure on the specs of the kitty but looking at your drawing I would if pos, run the hose the other way, it seems a smaller distance to the TS and BS, then have a Y piece close to the extractor to get to the unlabeled machine.

If your running the hose over head then maybe across the middle? If the kitty is a true chip extractor then a better option maybe a second closer extractor thats more suited to finner dust.

As HC says...different requirements. Planer/thicknesser/spindle moulders create more chips than dust so need high vol throughout.

table saw/bandsaw are dust creators...use something like a Camvac or similar.

Back