Experience with anti fatigue mats?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only just found this thread but I can thoroughly recommend anti fatigue mats. 2 years ago, I was experiencing lower leg pain from standing so long in my home workshop. After visiting the doctor, he suggested I get rubber matting in the workshop, so following his advice I purchased 3 square metres of anti fatigue matting for the areas of the workshop I spent most of my time standing. Within a few days of installing them, my leg pain was gone and hasn't returned since. Previous to having the mats, I was standing on a hard concrete floor. I got mine from Strata Sales but also looked at others e.g JayMart

Hope this helps

John

Yes mats do make a difference. Also much kinder than a concrete floor on a sharp tool if you drop it

As I started the thread. I agree. They are great. I now have them throughout my workshop and also in my wife's potting shed. Money well spent.

Just to echo what others have said, I have had PF for about three years now caused by wearing flip flops for a month whilst in Australia on hols, and can only sympathise as it is a horrible pain. The mats work very well but not in isolation in my experience. I bought the Rolson ones which are very thick with very pronounced dimples. It was amazing how well these worked compared to the concrete floor I was standing on before. The second part as I am sure you have been told during treatment is to get some shoes which provide good support. I use safety trainers with PF inserts in them to support the heel and arch. What with these and regular exercises I have finally managed to get it under control. Will never wear poor support shoes again for fear of it coming back and always have supports in all my shoes (even managed to find some flip flops with the necessary supports for those summer days! (all three of them)

Kev

Latest posts

Back