Exotic hardwood supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice website - I especially liked the wood catalogue for the good photography of the samples.

Prices are a bit eye-watering though!!

I dropped in on Tuesday morning and managed to spend £65 (that I don't have #-o ) on one board... :oops: Lovely place for the wood lover; wish I had the finances and boot space to ask for "one of the top of each colour, please" :lol: With luck one of the pics I took of the shed will be in focus, but I haven't looked yet. I highly recommend downloading their catalogue; I've only flicked through but it strikes me as a useful education as much as a tool for purchasing.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2db78f3v said:
I dropped in on Tuesday morning and managed to spend £65 (that I don't have #-o ) on one board... :oops:

That wasn't the bird's eye maple then... £175 a cubic foot :shock: "I'll take a couple of inches of that, please!" :)

Prices are a bit eye-watering though!!

I'll say - noting the price of Honduras Mahogany :shock: . When I lived In Belize, teaching woodwork and building houses, I used to get prime grade boards for BZ$1.25c per board ft direct from the local mill. Thats about £5 cu ft! Rosewood was about £8 cu ft. The mahogany was up to 2ft wide. I used over 60cu ft in my own house for doors, skirting and ceiling and other trim!

When I go to their download page all that comes up is General Brochure NEW and Tone Woods NEW. There is no button or link to download the brochure.

Andy at work on PC Win2000 and IE

Pete W":2lsa7tq7 said:
Alf":2lsa7tq7 said:
I dropped in on Tuesday morning and managed to spend £65 (that I don't have #-o ) on one board... :oops:

That wasn't the bird's eye maple then... £175 a cubic foot :shock: "I'll take a couple of inches of that, please!" :)
Close. Sonokeling Rosewood at £167.50 a cubic foot. Plus vat... ](*,) Painful, especially when I had to have it cut in half to get in in the stupid little car. :(

Here's the shed - just snatched it on the way out so it really doesn't do it justice. But yes, it is as crowded as it looks.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":24idpzh3 said:
Close. Sonokeling Rosewood at £167.50 a cubic foot. Plus vat... ](*,)

Making an infill? Or a piece of furniture?

Adam

dedee":19k5s012 said:
When I go to their download page all that comes up is General Brochure NEW and Tone Woods NEW. There is no button or link to download the brochure.

Andy at work on PC Win2000 and IE

Same here, Andy, in Firefox. Perhaps Alf will reveal the secret - or maybe she picked up the printed version while investing in rosewood?

Nice score, Alf. Should get some nice tool handles out of that :)

Ah yes, I got the printed version. Might be worth dropping them an email about that, but don't expect a quick response - things seemed pretty busy.

Adam, I fear Pete's on the money. Furniture? Hah! You jest. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back