Everbuild price increase.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had what seems like a weekly email from Marches Ironmongery warning of all the price increases, most are around 5-10%.

What stood out was Everbuild price increases, PVA 52%, wood glues 40%, Lumberjack glue 12%

When will it end.

When will it end.

There's no real reason for it to do so, is there? That's what being skint is all about - stuff costs more than you can afford. Welcome to societies post covid future.

I think it might depend on where they are buying these adhesives from, and if they are outside in EU or beyond then I suppose we can expect to see price rises due to extra duties and knock on admin fees.

But there are glue manufacturers in the UK, namely Caswell Adhesives and others like Bondrite, and from their product pages I'm not seeing any increase, or the hint of it.
So might be an idea to get direct, rather than through your usual source.

Bondrite - https://www.bondrite.co.uk/
Caswell - Caswell Adhesives

Firstly, any inflation is purely temporary according to the governments, so any lack of spending ability is entirely in your own mind.

There are two schools of thought:

A) pent up demand has caused supply chain issues, which causes a sudden price increase, only to be followed by price crashes once the demand is fulfilled. This means that an extended recession is in our future.

B) 40% of all the dollars in circulation were created in the last year, which is insane printing press madness (money printer goes brrrrr), and will lead to massive worldwide systemic inflation. One definition of inflation is actually the increase in money supply, so by that metric inflation really is 40% - whether that newly minted money gets to circulate among the general public is another question. Currently price rises are not evenly distributed - the real inflation is in the sectors who get access to free money, so stocks, etc, classic cars, invisible sculptures etc are all at nosebleed prices.

Given that all fiat money systems inflate, always and forever, the question is really more how much are they going to steal from me this year? A lot, or just the usual? It looks like it will be quite a bit, followed by even more, but I am always a pessimist when it comes to government theft.

... Currently price rises are not evenly distributed - the real inflation is in the sectors who get access to free money, so stocks, etc, classic cars, invisible sculptures etc are all at nosebleed prices.

Does this mean that high end work will also sell well? Asking for a friend who needs to find a niche!
Does

Does this mean that high end work will also sell well? Asking for a friend who needs to find a niche!
(Edited as I put my question in with your quote Trainee Neophyte)

Back