Euro Festollians a cheap alternative to Festool Lever Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Bray

Established Member
Reaction score
As the £ vs Euro is favourable at the moment, I was looking through the fine-tools.com (German) website and I discovered some Juuma quick T-Track clamps, they have both screw versions and their own version of a Festool Lever Clamp. As I wanted to increase my order for some Incra T track+ rails for my Seneca Parallel Guide system, I though I would order a couple of the Juuma lever clamps to see how they would compare.

Now, bearing in mind the Festool Lever Clamps in the UK are circa £35 each, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Juuma lever clamps worked out at circa £17.50 each (after conversion from Euros), so if they are any good it could be a 2-4-1 offer. Postage to the UK was 12Euro (circa £9). so that has to be factored in if you are just buying them (although with the Euro in decline it could be worth buying other desirables at the same time)

Well they arrived today, and like their Festool cousins they are quite heavy, the casting is slightly rougher in texture than the Festool clamps, but the texture is more even on the Juuma clamps. The build quality is surprisingly good and they look like they should last. There are a few differences though, most of them slight:

The Juuma has a more curved handle compared to the Festools more angular type.
The Juuma has a smaller release trigger although I did not find this to be an issue.
The Juuma has a seven step range of click locks compared to the Festools six.
The Teeth Pattern are different on the Juuma compared to the Festool although both seemed to work similarly well.
The Juuma has a slightly wider plastic bearing pad (30mm x 35mm) then that found on the Festool (25mm x 35mm).
The Juuma is in more naff colours than the Festool.
And the biggest difference is the fact the Juuma's stem is about 25mm (1") shorter than the Festool one.

So, how does it work? Surprisingly well actually! To the extent that I just ordered another pair (well at that price it would have been rude not to). It clamps easily as strongly as the Festool, fits both Incra and Festool T Track Slots (as well as others I suspect).

So, if you need an additional 25mm's (1") length (and who doesn't really, but I digress), then the Festool is the one for you, but if you are clamping boards with a thickness of less than 125mm (5") the Juuma will work admirably whereas if you need 150mm (6") there is only one clamp at the game and that is the Festool.

Now, please don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Festool Lever Clamp except for the price tag, the Juuma however is a revelation at the price, the build quality seems very good (some of the fittings are slightly larger than those on the Festool) which give a degree of confidence. It works without any drama and only time will tell how well they hold up.

At the moment, if budget is a consideration I would suggest a pair of the Juumas over a pair of the slower action Festool Guide Rail Screw Up Clamps, and if price is not a consideration, then stick with the Festools, and if you have any money spare afterwards send me a few Festool Clamps too. [tongue]

Some Piccies:

Back to Back:

Juuma in Use:

Festool in Use:

Teeth Pattern:

Just been informed that they are the same as Axminster Lever Clamps Order Code: 505561, just a lot cheaper =D>

Back