Euro air connectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I changed the connectors on the air nail guns to euro ones a short time ago.
They were brilliant for a while.
Now they have become hard to release and looking at them they are discoloured.
I've attached a couple of pics.

Were they just inferior quality or is something else going on?

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_164707298.jpg
    IMG_20201010_164707298.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201010_164723271.jpg
    IMG_20201010_164723271.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
I do NOT know, but have you got a moisture/oil trap in the airline? If not that MAY be the reason for that discolouration - and/or plating on the fitting not such good quality??

I do NOT know, but have you got a moisture/oil trap in the airline?

No I don't I just put a couple of drops of oil in each day before I start.
There was no problem with the old connectors.

stainless, great stuff isn't it.
you've answered your issues in your second post. Oil. depends what you are using but:

the problem won't be with the metal. there is a rubber O-ring on the female connector, it's normally epdm rubber. it's prone to expansion when it soaks up oil (strangely it also does it with C02) but also when it's exposed to large heat variations. you can change them out easy enough for better materials if your going to run oil in the line routinely. I'd suggest nitrile or viton o-rings.
the oil is also the reason for the discolouring. :) maybe. :)

I’ve been using Euro connectors for quite a few years now with no problems perhaps you’re right they are inferior or a duff batch.

where they chrome plated as the 2nd photo looks like the plating has come off indicating poor quality connectors if so.

Gary

Back