Erbauer ERB382SDR Random Orbit Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee J

Established Member
Reaction score
sander.jpg

Bought this last week and I just have to say its absolutely fantastic. Feels strong and powerful. Made life a lot easier.

Screwfix have it in at £89.99 at the moment.

Powerful sander with rapid sheet changing system and dust box. Supplied with 6 sanding sheets and carry bag.
450WHook & Loop Fixing
Variable Speed
2 Dust Bags
Rubber-Coated Grip
Trigger Switch
Replaceable Carbon Brushes
Lock-On Switch
Fan-Cooled Motor

ERB382SDR, 6 x sanding sheets, 2 x dust bags and carry bag.Specifications:
Sanding surface 150mm. Orbit diameter 5mm. Orbit speed 5000-12,000opm. Weight 2.3kg.

Hello mate, just come across this post. Thinking of buying this sander on Monday. Any regrets? Still happy with it? Screw fix have a smaller dewalt for the same price, I'm a bit undecided. Appreciate any advice.

I have the desalt which is possibly the one referred to above ( same sort of price ) It is pretty good but I do not like the switch, you have to be pretty firm with it or it will turn itself back on.

I think I'll just take a punt at it. Not expecting too much. I won't be using it that often. It's got good reviews on the screwfix website.

I have the Dewalt model. It's a good sander but as Graham says above, the on/off switch seems a poor design.
John

I have an even cheaperTriton ROS from Screwfix which I have been pleasantly surprised by. It is not a Festool but for an amateur it gets the job done. I would guess it would not stand up to professional heavy use but so far so good. I think the Erbauer is the next step up from Triton.

I'd be careful buying Erbauer stuff as their service/parts is pretty non-existent. That said, they are fairly cheap, but not nasty in general, so as long as you're happy to potentially replace once the warranty has expired, i guess some stuff would be OK, especially if you're going to knock the stuffing out of it every day.

Well bought the erbauer. I'm very happy with it. There is a bit of vibraton, I had numb hands after a while. It coped well rubbing down 5 Corian worktop joints today.

Thanks for all the advice.

I have the slightly lower power Erbauer model (ERB108SDR, which I don't think is sold any more). Had it for a few years and it's been worked hard. Good product.

Latest posts

Back