Engagement ring help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan.reelwood

Reaction score
Hi there. This is my first post on here and I'm fairly new to turning.
I have been learning the ropes on a lathe lent to me by a friends father, it's a super old Centrix lathe that has been sitting in his shed for years. I think it's about 50 years old And I'm trying to turn an engagement ring for my lady, I'm halfway through and the motor just clapped out on me!

I would be eternally grateful and will happily pay or make a donation if there is someone in or around the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire area who would be willing to let me finish the ring on their lathe as getting this one fixed might take a bit of tim and I really want to pop the question this week.. I probably have about 20mins left on it so any help or assistance would be gratefully received with this!!

Many thanks,

Dan

Crisis averted, a mate just turned up out of the blue and we got it rolling again!

Will be checking the forums out much more now I've found you guys,

Thanks,

Dan

Dalboy":2zxshp3m said:
Glad you are sorted and the ring is back in the making. Woodturning can be very addictive

Completely agree, glad your back up and running. Would be great to see a pic of the finished article, although you may have to make a few more posts first.

Dan.reelwood":2qnwkaxp said:
it's a super old Centrix lathe that has been sitting in his shed for years. I think it's about 50 years old

That's not old!!

Back