Elu MOF177E R.I.P

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guggs

Established Member
Reaction score
Time has come for me to buy a new router .After well over 20 years service my Elu MOF 177E has just about given up .The motor is fine but all the screws,bolts and handles have just about had it !
WHAT should i go for ? Makita ,Trend or Dewalt ? Must be 1/2inch collar !

Thanks all !

How about a Felder router? :lol: :lol: Or you could just replace all the nuts and bolts on your Elu, but if you are set on replacing the Dewalt or Trend is the closest to the Elu.... only not as good.

I feel your pain Guggs

If I had to make the choice again I would chose Makita. I bought a Trend T11 and it felt awful compared to my deceased Elu and the motor hunted and stalled so I sent it back the next day. I have no experience of the dewalt. I ended up with the Hitachi which is a great router but it's a little on the large side, comfortable though

My condolences to you :(

I've had my MOF96 with original Elu table and accessories for over 20 years and it's still going strong. Better not say that too loud though.
I also have an Elu circular saw (can't remember which model) mounted in a matching Elu table which I bought after leaving school in the late 1970's and that still works well, I love my old Elu stuff!

Hi Guggs,

I would recommend the Makita RP2301FCX, their top of the range one. Got mine for about £260 from what I can remember. Decent dust collection, good work light, powerful yet easy to handle and feels good in the hands. If you're after one for a table I can sell you my DeWalt DW625 with the insert plate (think it's the Trend plate). Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you a price.

Cheers _Dan.

Thanks gents ,loved the Felder comment ! (I shall be singing Felders praises in another thread )
My Elu router is a gem and i may decide to give it a make over !
Where can i buy spares from or is it just a case of going to get them made ?

Back