Elu MOF 96 and DW 625 Dust extraction kits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dissolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently purchased a DW625 through the forum with the dust extraction adapter. Now to save time when it arrives (I want to get going with it as soon as possible) I was wondering what adapters/hoses I will need to use the dust extraction? I have an axminster vacuum extractor with 100mm hose as standard, I'm not sure what hose/adapter I will need to use with it and can't seem to find any info on the internet?

Also I have just been told a relative has an old elu MOF96 he doesn't need anymore, so assuming it still works.. How can I rig up dust exraction for this too? He doesn't have the extraction adaptor (If it came with one) so what might the best solution be?

Thanks

The DX you have is a HVLP extractor designed for use with P/Ts and the like. You need a HPLV extractor, like a vacuum cleaner, for routers. If your vac doesn't fit, you can get conical adaptors, or just wrap a few layers of gaffer tape around it.

The MOF96 did not have DV at all when it was first designed. I think there was an add-on kit later, but it wasn't very good. DX has to be part of the design, not an afterthought, if it to be effective.
HTH
Steve

HVLP = High Volume Low Pressure, i.e. not a lot of suck but lots of air to move big pieces like chippings.
LVHP = Low Volume High Pressure, i.e. much more suck but through a smaller hose.
You need the latter for routers.
Steve

You'll be fine with that Vac cheerup, its on of those odd crossover type vacs that does both a 100mm hose and a powertool hose. I used to have a Record type extractor like it, was good on power tools but rubbish on a 100mm hose.

This is what you need to do as shown on the axy site:
210613_inset3_l.jpg

I would buy this:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-numa ... rc=froogle

and

http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-numa ... rc=froogle

You should be able to connect any tool with the stepped adaptor regardless of size in some way. You may find that the port on the dewalt fits that hose without and adaptor if you are lucky.

A good way to connect pipes and hoses of different sizes is to use universal stretchy car cv boots from most car parts shops for about a fiver and will fit most sizes you will need.

Latest posts

Back