Elu MFF80 Planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissteele

Reaction score
Hi folks, have one where the bearing on the drive side of the armature has failed. Problem is that I can't get the drive pulley off after removing the LH thread securing bolt. I suspect it's also LH thread, as doesn't seem to be splined or have a woodruff key, or appear to be taper fitted.

Gather there were two drive belt variations, and my one uses a grooved belt - Discovered as bought the wrong one last time when another bearing failed.

Thanks for any thoughts - Chris.

It has to be one of those.

Dont know that machine, but I would expect it to be tapered fit. A two or three claw extractor might be useful. The pulley wouldnt be threaded.

Hi there, 'Rodders'.

Seems type 4 uses a toothed drive belt, but mine uses a multi-V drive belt which I suspect isn't such a good idea, not being positive. Will try using an extractor as suggested - Many thanks - Chris.

Hi folks,

Got a small two jaw extractor from China and pulled off the drive pulley. no problems - Thanks.

Now have an issue where the failed bearing melted the plastic housing, so guess on re-assembly will need re-position and secure so the drive belt becomes tight again.

Thanks again - Chris.

Back