Elm Chest WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a disaster.....the large middle drawer went together well and I started to fit it... it went in about half way and no further, despite continued checking. :-k :-k :-k . So I measured the front and then the back openings.....back was smaller than the front by about .5mm. This doesn't sound allot but its DEATH to a drawer if the back is smaller than the front. Got round the problem by taping some 60g paper to a longish length of ply (about 50mm wide) and gradually opening out the back each side so that its slightly bigger than the front by about .5mm Once I'd finished with the 60g I replaced it with some 120g to get a reasonable finish inside. I don't know if this is an accepted method of solving this particular problem....its a long, slow, fairly tedious process and I skinned my knuckes on the dividers but it does work...for me anyway. Drawer fits now beautifully - Rob

:shock: :shock: Blimey, Rob, bit of a heart-stopping moment :shock: :shock: Glad you got it sorted 'cause we are all dying to see the finished masterpiece :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

woodbloke":2b7jh8ms said:
I don't know if this is an accepted method of solving this particular problem....its a long, slow, fairly tedious process and I skinned my knuckes on the dividers but it does work...for me anyway. Drawer fits now beautifully - Rob

Hey! If it works then it's got to be acceptable! =D>

I bet you can't wait to wipe on that first coat of whatever finish you're going to use over the front of the drawers. I can scarcely contain myself either. Lovely work.

Latest posts

Back