Einhell 405E

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbiegirl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi am proud owner of brand new Einhell 405E Scroll saw.
Should mention am also COMPLETE BEGINNER, so lot to learn
My question is. Can you retro fit a foot control
Thanks. Annie

I think it may be possible

Hi am proud owner of brand new Einhell 405E Scroll saw.
Should mention am also COMPLETE BEGINNER, so lot to learn
My question is. Can you retro fit a foot control
Thanks. Annie
This is an extract from the instructions for your saw--
• Please note: The machine is equipped with a safety switch to prevent it being switched on again accidentally after a power failure
This suggests it is an NVR (no volt release) switch. I don't think it will be possible to fit a foot switch without invalidating the warranty. Internal wiring changes would be required.

This is an extract from the instructions for your saw--
• Please note: The machine is equipped with a safety switch to prevent it being switched on again accidentally after a power failure
This suggests it is an NVR (no volt release) switch. I don't think it will be possible to fit a foot switch without invalidating the warranty. Internal wiring changes would be required.
Ah. Many thanks for that, onwards and upwards, I had just wondered as had seen them when watching demos etc and thought was good idea.

IMO, a foot switch IS a good idea, but foot switches are a bit like, say, electric car windows - once you've had them on a car you'd not want another car without them; but if you've never had them, you don't miss them so much/at all!

As someone has already said, it sounds like your Einhell scroll saw (obviously a later model than my old one) has a "No Volts Release" (NVR) switch (I think, NOT sure, it's now a UK or even EU regulation that NVRs be fitted).

But I have seen posts by people who have fitted a foot switch to machines with an NVR, so at least in some cases, it IS possible. I suggest you use the search function on here, mentioning "NVR" and "foot switch" as I'm pretty sure you'll come up with at least some info. Sorry I can't help more, my Exc 21 machine doesn't have an NVR.

Welcome to the scroll sawer's "union" on here. You'll find a lot of friendly helpful and knowledgeable people here, and there are some sticky threads at the top of this section with useful info as to what blade/s to use and where to get them; links to other sites with helpful beginner exercises, plans, etc, etc. Very helpful if you're a newbie. :)

Latest posts

Back