Edinburgh/West Lothian/Fife Woodturning Club

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Graham,

I have just returned from an evening at the Broxburn club and I had a great time.

Adam was very welcoming and I met a bunch of other really nice folks too.

Had a good half hour introduction to the workshop which was excellent. Exceptionally well organised and laid out. Everything you could ever need or want.

Didn't turn anything but spend the evening sharpening all my tools on the Sorby Pro Edge! Got them all done apart from the skew, next week I'll get that trued up nicely.

Overall a very enjoyable evening and would recommend it to anyone.

Think I'll go along on Monday evening to meet the turners, see you there!

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi Lee

Glad you enjoyed yourself. It is quite a place. I will not be able to make next Monday evening. Rotary Council beckons, which I chair. I will catch up with you though.

Regards

Graham

Hello Lee

I've browsed your thread and see that you have recently been to the Broxburn club. I have a friend who is a regular during their daily sessions, who like me is retired. I have been a couple of times, and it is a first class facilty and seem to have very helpful folks who use the facility. I am in Saline in Fife, so would appreciate getting involved in something a bit more local than Broxburn, if it comes to pass. As you can see from the Broxburn set up, it would be a challenge to replicate something similar. In the current fiscal climate, it would probably be impossible to persued a local authority to put up a facility and funds to establish anything like Broxburn at the moment.

It might be good to meet any interested parties that have responded to your thread to see what could be done as a an interested group to service Fife and local areas.

I am fairly new to turning. Woodworking, including turning is one of my pastimes.

I would appreciate being kept in the loop if your idea developes further.

Best Wishes

Bob

Back