eBay questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
selling this at the moment. "vintage whitworth spanner 11/16 x 13/16" then I get asked this" Hi would you be able to measure the span of the largest end in mm please ?" why! and why in mm. not sure if its worth the bother of answering this. often when I get questions like this for the sake of £5.00 I remove the item and bin it, or is it a reasonable question.

it would take a minute or two to measure it and answer it. what is the harm?

wizard":33lb28vz said:
selling this at the moment. "vintage whitworth spanner 11/16 x 13/16" then I get asked this" Hi would you be able to measure the span of the largest end in mm please ?" why! and why in mm. not sure if its worth the bother of answering this. often when I get questions like this for the sake of £5.00 I remove the item and bin it, or is it a reasonable question.

Doesn't suprise me at all, some of the questions i've been asked on ebay are really stupid. In fairness he might be a young guy that as never seen an AF or whitworth spanner in is life :) I did have a question once about an item i was selling which i did readily answer, THAT WIFE YOU ARE AUCTIONING, CAN SHE COOK.
Have a nice day

wizard":18oj39yu said:

Perhaps the questioner is new to Whitworth (under 60) and doesn't know how a 13/16 thread relates to the nut size many people find mm easier to gauge in smaller dimensions.
I thought the idea of listing stuff on e bay was to sell it? Selling something isn't putting a price tag on something and then standing back with a face like a smacked buttocks.

Chrispy":hbeh12uf said:
Is it a left hander? I've been looking for one since I came out of school.

i'm still looking for that damned "long stand " my dad sent me looking for nearly 45yrs ago :)

Tartan paint, hat full of nail holes, left handed hammer etc etc

FYI 1/4Whit is approx 1/2AF and approx 12mm, not that it helps, just thought I'd mention it.

Baldhead

Best one I heard was when the boys from the local garage sent their apprentice along to my friends hardware shop for 5 metres of fallopian tubes; he was sent back to find out 15 or 22mm :)

'Left Handed Elbow' had the boss's son going for ages at a previous job. She (the boss's wife) was furious that we'd embarrassed her wonderful (waste of space) son.

Wizard... measure it for the guy. It took longer to write your opening post than it takes to measure a spanner.

Back