Ebay prices - has the world gone mad?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always find the bid history on items like these a bit iffy, if you check it shows that 2 of the bidders have hardly any ebay history, and my cynical mind makes me think that its being ramped up on purpose.

they may not sell it this time round, but next time they know that if they do a no reserve auction then they (the seller) fakes a bid of 150 then it will more than likely go for more (not much more mind)

The chances are when it is re listed

It will state *relisted due to an absolute time waster*

jeffinfrance":1zcyg1dv said:
yeah but mint in the box, what would something comparably new cost?

jeff

£297.50 for a new T11 with postage and warranty, someone's about to be scammed, by themselves! haha

Aidan

Yep, the Elu is miles ahead of the dewalt and trend, although I wouldn't pay that much for it, it's gotta be worth £150 reckon. I wish people would stop reminding me of my old elu, I still miss it :cry:

if it is what it says it is then it seems to have found it's market price

you are back to the come back element of any SH purchase though

if it's running fine in a years time then everyone's happy :ho2

I thought there was no money about?

Ebay's not what it was. Good if you're selling, I've been amazed how much I've got for various auctioned stuff lately!

I don't like E-Bay, too many scams, too little interest in sorting it by those American clever clogs sitting in their nice air conditioned offices in California, and silly prices most of the time.

As a newbie I only have one router: an ELU Mof177e. Bought on ebay about 3 months ago for £37 including postage. Feel like I got a bit of a bargain now :lol:

I have my mate's mint Elu mof177e at the moment on loan and would love to buy it off him. But you can get a new dewalt 625e for £160 (without the fence and bits and bobs) which will happily live under the table. So why would I pay more than that for a 20 year old one? However good they were they wear out.

Halo Jones":1r4wu2d8 said:
As a newbie I only have one router: an ELU Mof177e. Bought on ebay about 3 months ago for £37 including postage. Feel like I got a bit of a bargain now :lol:

Do you have a copy of "How To Make Friends & Influence People"?

Halo Jones":2qx0p319 said:

Oi! stop it you're making me sulk! :-$ (hammer)

I had a trend T11, but the motor hunted badly so I sent it straight back the first day, also it didn't feel anywhere near the quality of the Elu.

I think eBay is great for both buyers and sellers...have been with them from the dot com days in 1999 and never had one issue..only get bargains and only sell stuff with really good results.

I guess I have just been lucky but would not be without my COLLECTIBLE>HANDTOOLS> fix...

As can be shown in this thread...bargains CAN be had...you just have to be patient and avoid auction fever and winning fever setting in.

I have actually seen a book go for twice the Amazon price and the seller clearly just keeps buying from Amazon and selling every copy he can get his hands on...and so would I if I knew there were that many mugs out there who can't be bothered to check!

The old saying "there is one born every minute" should be modified to "there is one born every minute - and ten of them are in queues waiting to buy your junk every second on FleaBay!!"

Jim

I can't fault ebay, I have had some great bargains and as one contributor stated just be patient and have your limit. Everyone has their limit on what it is worth to them.

Also, I have sold some stuff which I have had breat results form. Most of the stuff I have sold is either in new condition or was a quality item which some one has identifed and decided it was worth the price they paid for it. In addition, a few items were just tat (to me) but someone paid for what it was worth to them.

The issue with the router is that if that particular model is no longer available in the shops and has done very liitle work then obviously if the quality is there it will sell for a high price. I think from the interest in that particular model it was a quality model, no longer available.

We all have the choice folks to bid or not. I used to take stuff to boot fairs to sell but everyone wants to pay 10p for everthing (no matter what you were selling) just because it was a boot fair. I started taking my stuff to the dump or gave it away rather than give some Chav the benefit. Ahmen!

Back