eBay fraud.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
I am sure this is not news to some:

I purchased four items (no details, Mods don't allow specifics) but was sent four similar, BUT DIFFERENTLY FITTING items...they are therefore useless to me. The photos and descriptions are for the items I DO need, but do not match the items I was sent.....with me so far?

Now, this was, to me, a simple case of dimwit in dispatch, bad day at the office, yada,yada. I requested a return at dimwit's expense AND my correct items dispatched.

No. I was offered 25% of cost and I could keep the useless items "which you can sell locally"... :shock: Further (shouting) emails and two expensive (0800) numbers later, with eBay persons for whom English is a Foreign Language, I find that the slippery gentlemen advertising on eBay have hedged the Terms and Conditions with:

"Buyer will pay all return fees" and "if we can't swindle you that way, we'll charge a 25% RE-STOCKING fee"... :evil

Scrotes are triumphant! eBay is as helpful as putting your todger in a vice and tightening the screw!

Caveat emptor!!!

Sam, having a VERY high blood pressure day.

Don't give up, open a case with eBay.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... egulations

Returning faulty goods

If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, the Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Find the item in your Purchase History
Click on 'More Actions' on the right
Select 'Return This Item'
Reason: 'Wrong Item Sent'
Complete the form, leave it to eBay and PayPal, you'll get your refund.

pcb1962":1t98yaj1 said:

Agreed, this is the way to get your refund. Though not sure whether a dispute on the basis that item is "not substantially as described" wouldn't be more appropriate. That has worked for me every time there was a problem, full refund within 15 days.

UK law is pretty pointless for small disputes (less than several hundreds) because of the court fees, and no use for a foreign seller.

As above but additionally if you used a credit card to pay eBay/PayPal then get the bank involved. They have the strongest clout of all.

Thanks Gents one and all. I had just put the phone down on two clueless eBay transcontinentals and was venting when I posted. I will follow the advice above, re Paypal, grateful thanks.

Prof Chris and others, I had already tried the "Returns" procedure, but because the perfidious seller had refunded 75%, eBlastthem consider the case "resolved" and " shut". Pointing out that I had ordered a 'cat' and been sent a 'dog' (infantile comparisons to get transcontinentals to understand my point) made NO difference to eBlunder's best.... :x

Sam

pcb1962":1dld2vml said:

As above, no need to get worked up, the ebay returns/problems system has never let me down, I have always got a refund or replacement item.

It's rubbish when you have to get shouty to get things sorted out, isn't it? All too common though, at least in my house. Most problems are left with the boss to sort out as I tend to get slightly heated pretty early on in the game nowadays.

Phone is no good for eBay. Use the online system and it's fine - seems slow, but compared to going to court ...

What the others said Sammy. I've had only a few problems but don't mess about and just open a resolution case straight away. The only drawback is that you have to wait 8 days for the seller to respond satisfactorily before you can escalate and demand your money back including any postage. Ebay email you to remind you to do that.

Just had one a couple of weeks ago when the t***s didn't send the items or respond to my messages and I got an immediate Paypal refund at the end of that time.

Don't forget to leave negative feedback at the end so others can see what they're doing, although the items are removed from your bought list they're available to access.

Bob

Thank you everyone. I`m away from home presently on a tiddling iPad with a dickey battery, so I can`t execute Armageddon like wot I want to, but home tomorrow with a proper PC and will begin hostilities properly.

Bob? My feedback began with a rip off of Cher, not so much "Gypsies, tramps and thieves" as; "FRAUDSTERS,LIARS AND CHEATS".

SAM

SammyQ":3rb789r1 said:
Bob? My feedback began with a rip off of Cher, not so much "Gypsies, tramps and thieves" as; "FRAUDSTERS,LIARS AND CHEATS".

SAM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mine was very similar Sam.

My wife got caught out by a seller who obviously had no intention of doing anything other than pocketing the money. She notified Ebay and Ebay did ... nothing.
Her account got charged for an Ipad or similar that was sent to the Ukraine and as it happened she noticed within a few minutes of it happening. She informed Ebay who did ... nothing, she got hold of the seller, who did ... nothing, she got hold of PayPal who got back to her six weeks later and basically asked what she thought they could do. Fortunately the purchase was by credit card and she works for a bank so knows the system and got her money back from them. We no longer have a PayPal account or buy from Ebay.

I agree. I do buy on eBay but only when I can collect the item in person. PayPal is effectively an unregulated offshore bank. Both have a terrible reputation for customer contact-ability.

Back