eBay advice needed please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promised to give an update. The item in question was a Festool Domino....listed as 'in excellent condition'. 'Excellent' ? These are just a couple of photos that I took...note the stuck pin..note the bit of paper jammed in to make the fence clamp work..the general air of tattiness...
festool.jpg

festool%202.jpg

PayPal did get me the refund but, of course, I lost a lot of money in shipping it back. I sent an invoice to the seller but realise that that was optimistic!

So I left negative feedback.

What prompted this post was that this morning I got an email from the seller saying that the feedback was inaccurate as he'd offered a full refund immediately. Yup....'full' as in 'if it's in the same condition as when I sent it'....sure...we've all been there, haven't we.

In the same email, he's now saying that it's been serviced by Festool (good) and would I like to buy it :shock: He's got hutzpah, I'll give him that.

Roger seeing as the seller sounds like a right rip off merchant, and has only 3 sales to his name, you did well to get your money back. I realise that you lost out with having to pay your p&p, but can't you ask Paypal to go after that too?

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":1a4ojz0w said:
Roger seeing as the seller sounds like a right rip off merchant, and has only 3 sales to his name, you did well to get your money back. I realise that you lost out with having to pay your p&p, but can't you ask Paypal to go after that too?

Cheers

Mike

Tried that. PayPal said no.

RogerS":32d7bgpl said:
Mike.C":32d7bgpl said:

Cheers

Mike

Tried that. PayPal said no.

Walk away. Put it behind you. It's not worth the aggro.

You're not too far behind on the deal, and you've learnt not to buy 500 quid items from someone with 3 sales to his name, which is a valuable lesson.

BugBear

Back