dust extractors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee guys,
The hot weather seems to be getting to folk!

Yellow - thingy,
First, welcome to the forum yellow-wotsit. Like Beejay I really have no idea if the Perform CCDE5002 Extractor is any good but I see no reason why it shouldn't be. Perform stuff generally seems to have a good name around here and Axminster who sell it are a very good suppler.

Secondly, I suggest you introduce yourself, and couch your first few posts in language that is likely to elicit a friendly reply rather than a putdown.

yellow_lamborghini_2406":uw9a5rl7 said:
is the perform ccde5002 any good and is it quiet
The first thing is what do you want to connect to the extractor? What tools do you have in your workshop?
What are the size of the outlets on your existing tools?
You need is information to see if the power of the extractor is suitable for the job
Barry

You listening Axminster? I hate your lousy site search engine. I got everything but the answer - again. Plonkers. :evil:

Anyway, for the rest of the interested I think we're looking at this one (always helps to include a link - I'm looking at very nearly everyone whan say that. Don't make me come over there... [-X ) Where was I? Oh yeah; phew, what a scorcher, eh? er no, that wasn't it. What was it now...? :-k Oh yeah - no idea but I do have a Perform like the CCDE2 but the earlier model and it really sucks. In a good way. But that doesn't necessarily mean a thing if you ain't got that sw-, er, well you know what I mean. I think the heat's getting to me... Pretty quiet too, in comparison to the workshop vacs.

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Heat must have got to you too, Chris - shouldn't this be moved to Buying Advice...? (Duckin' 'n' Runnin' :wink: )

P.P.S. Welcome to the forum, Yellow

Alf":1bcxr8qc said:
You listening Axminster? I hate your lousy site search engine.

Hear, hear! Well said Alf. =D> Still, it's better than it used to be.

Yellow, welcome to the forum.
The machine you asked about is a single bag affair right? Bear in mind that the bag is also the filter, i.e. all the air it draws in with the dust has to go out through the bag which collects the dust. as such expect to have to empty it often to maintain any kind of efficiency. It won't be suitable for fine dust, say from sanders etc. and the filtration level is not at all suitable for MDF since what dust doesn't stay in the filter to clog it up will be blown straight through and back out into the workshop for you to breathe (where's the emoticon of the little man coughing his lungs up when you need it?).
Axminster are very helpful about stuff like this, give their technical bods a ring on 08700 600388 I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help.

Hope this helps

Mark

He's right tho' you know, it is polite to say hello first.

Hi yellow_lamborghini_2406

I have the Charnwood version of this model and I find that it is quiet enough to have a conversation. I have used it with all my machinery and it coped with everything. It did leave chippings on the thicknesser bed but I believe that is acceptable as I have read that other forum users have had the same problem. As previously mentioned it does only collect the waste, the dust is blown back into the workshop. To combat this I have a Jet airfilter working alongside. The Charnwood version is £100 but you do get the hose with it.

Here is a pic in situ, thanks to CHJ, the picture can now be viewed correctly :D

HTH

Phil

edf4d7e9[1].jpg

DaveL":2q3j7kd4 said:
Tom,

Here is your picture the right way up:
Do you have anything for a stiff neck? :wink: :roll:

And an addled brain !! That was Phil's picture. Must be the heat :D

Jeff

Back