Dust extractor wont start

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, not evry time anyway. Press the NVR switch which engages, the motor rotates a small bit but doesn't start, justs sits there humming. It is drawing a fair current as the lights dim a bit!!! If I give the fan a spin away it goes. Anyone who knows about this electrickery stuff have any ideas?

John

Capacitor? (Gosh I hope that is the name of the extra bit on the side of the motor - I was feeling so confident up until that point...)

Not going to be a lot of help I'm afraid, but when the capacitor went on mine, there was a bit of smoke a lot of grilled plastic smell and then zilch - absolutely dead as a dodo.

Chris.

I go with capacitor also, tend to keep one in the box for just such an occasion.

I'll second or third the capacitor as being the first thing to try. If the capacitor checks out OK then it could be the centrifugal switch in the motor which is most consistent with the motor starting sometimes and not others.

Good Luck

Bob

Back