Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the slightly larger model with power take off. It's adequate for tools and small machines, but it's not great and you won't get full extraction on anything larger than a router.

For instance it doesn't fully collect from my circular saw (but that's also probably the saw itself) nor from my bandsaw, which is only a little 10 inch thing.

Thanks Rich. I guess it'll be better than nothing and if it really doesn't work I'll have to think again. Any good sources for hose adapters?

Better to get a proper little extractor unit if looking to do much work.Suppose its ok for a bit of hobbie work though and depends on how much space you have.

I use a Wet/Dry vac, but as mentioned, they're only good for small tools that produce dust.

I use one of these : (bagless, but with a paper filter wrapped around the motor unit)
https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb431 ... 240v/39587

coupled with :
https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/ ... WCKV250100

for larger shavings (mostly from hand tools).

And then also the vac you linked for dust only tools (but with a bag)

As for hose adaptors, I really wouldn't bother. You'll end up with some awkward monstrosity, that is usually too big, and constantly gets knocked out. Instead, either simply use a bit of duct tape, or make custom adaptors for each tool (pvc pipe heated and adapted for example)

I 3d print my adaptors.

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll stick with bodging what I've got for the moment and reflect on a more permanent solution further down the line when money and time permits more time on projects!

The best solution is to fit all your power tools with universal car steering rack gaiters that will fit all shapes and size of outlet and then will all connect to your vac.

A cyclone (£10 eBay) and a plastic bin (£15 eBay) with a 2nd hose (£5 Amazon) , ahead of any HPLV e.g. a vacuum cleaner works well e.g. a Henry. For real collection LPHV is however much better with 4" short ducting.

For an understanding of the problem and solutions Record Power have a youtube video - you don't have to buy their brand after watching it. I have a Record Power DX1000 - it's not as quiet as a mouse... but then neither is my table saw - both lion--!

EEC laws prevent the sale of domestic vacuum cleaners with more than a certain wattage 650W - So Henry replaced their motor with this and get better collection - probably eats into their profit otherwise they would have done it before being forced?

With a Henry and a cyclone you won't need to empty the bag - just the bin for a long time.

One problem with Screwfix is that there are absolutely no spares available - need something and it's junk. One good thing is that they (usually) refund your purchase within the warranty without any (argument) discussion.

It comes as a surprise that many extraction solutions are as expensive as the tools they extract from - often overlooked. There is a FAQ on extraction - it's more technique than brand to get a good results. Good luck.

Simon_M":27kzuxom said:
One problem with Screwfix is that there are absolutely no spares available - need something and it's junk. One good thing is that they (usually) refund your purchase within the warranty without any (argument) discussion.

They have spares for the filter, bags and hose. Is there much else you would need? Personally, I think their vacs are excellent, although I have not used the Henry style vac myself.

Back