Dust extract port router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any good ideas for a dust extract port on my router table fence. Below is a picture you can just about see the clear 6mm lexan that I have fixed at 45 degrees on the rear of the fence. I need to drill through this and maybe fit some sort of waste plumbing fitting to the fence. The pipe that will connect to it is my Festool midi vac which fits well in a 35mm hole. Can anyone whos done such a thing point me in the right direction ie what plumbing fitting did you use??

EDIT Im thinking maybe this will work I have an idea that the internal size of this fitting is 34.5mm from what Ive read whilst Googling. This has a flange on it so I can drill a hole and just glue it in place. http://www.screwfix.com/prods/63577/Plu ... Pack-of-5#

5393656302_c3830d5828_z.jpg

The Axminster ones are too big at 75 and 100mm. The waste fitting will be close, and I use them for the fixed dust extraction in the workshop. With a hot air gun and a tapered wooden plug you can easily expand them to the correct dia.
If you need a smaller fitting, use a bit of 32mm pipe in the fitting you show - again it can be expanded slightly if necessary. If it needs shrinking, just heat it up and stretch it lengthways (but you need to start with a longer piece of pipe so you have something to get hold of).
I'm not sure the solvent weld cement used for plumbing fittings will bond to polycarbonate as I haven't tried it myself, but if you make the hole an interference fit it should grip well enough anyway.

I've standardised on 100mm for all my dust extraction ports on home made stuff to match my machinery.
I use stubs of 100mm drainpipe which you can buy in France (on holiday and hide wine bottles inside!)
It fits the 100mm flexi hose perfectly. Usually I fit it into 18mm mdf with a little glue, silicone, gripfill, hot melt etc to keep it in place.
I keep some in stock so if anyone want a bit just drop me a PM.

Bob

Back