Ducting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theallan

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to installing some fixed ducting in my double garage for a 100mm extractor (HVLP). Finding ducting is almost as difficult as picking an extractor! Axminster's 100mm stuff seems really expensive, although perhaps I'm just being unrealistic!

I keep reading about how straight pipes should be used over flexible piping.

Does any one have any suggestions on where to pick up 100mm ducting?

Thanks,
Allan

Take you wife for a romantic dinner to France, and whilst you are there go into a Brico shed and pick up a load of 100mm dia drainpipe and fittings, much cheaper than anything you can get in the UK or via the web. Brownie points and get what you need, can't vouch for there not being any consequences though.

Mike

Attachments

• Duct.jpg
    Duct.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 673
Is it not cheaper and easier to use 110mm drainage pipe, it's only around £2 or so per metre and you can get it in 3 or 6 mtr lengths. Possible even better to get the type with an integral socket on one end as you can save a joint. Bends, tees, stop ends, straps etc all available off the shelf and easy to find stepped reducers to get it down to machine outlet and blast gate sizes.
Bob

EDIT:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p75373?table=no
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drainage-Soi ... Sw2olZcZS-

Perfect - thanks for the suggestions!

> can't vouch for there not being any consequences though.

Oh yes - there would be, if that's what we did on a "romantic" break... :D

+1 for soil pipe ducting.

There’s a good video on YouTube on how to make adaptors to different sizes, if you need something non-standard or (like me) award yourself extra points for doing things on the cheap.
Video is here: Give Travis a chance, he rocks!
Here are some pics of a very non-standard adaptor :wink: :
WP_20160730_006-640x480.jpg

WP_20160805_010-640x480.jpg

If you're concerned about static build up in PVC ducting, I like the solution I saw on one of Marius Hornberger's videos of winding an earthed wire in a spiral around the outside of the duct, twisting around screws that penetratejust through the walls of the duct.

Good luck!

Attachments

• WP_20160730_006-640x480.jpg
    WP_20160730_006-640x480.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 520
  • WP_20160805_010-640x480.jpg
    WP_20160805_010-640x480.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 520
Back