Dual router fences

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuptonM

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if I can put 2 router fences on my Bosch POF 1400 ace at a time, so I can sandwich the wood between them to make it silly person proof?

dont see why not, but if u want the perfect center between 2 edges there is a good jig for that

adidat

A problem you may encounter when adding a second fence is that the rods on the supplied fence are just not long enough to clamp-on a second fence and get a useful separation between the two fence faces. The Trend fence with fine adjustment (to which Hudson Carpentry linked in the third post) is quite chunky, and the fine-adjustment mechanism itself eats up quite a bit of rod length.

Maybe another reason to make your own.

PS LuptonM: I think you'll find that the spare part you linked to in your previous post is just like the fence assembly supplied with the router - the bent-metal fence piece is fixed to the rod ends via screws into threaded holes in the ends of the rods.

Hi,

All you need is a couple of rods and some wood.
DSC_0055a.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0051a.jpg

Pete

How exactly does the wood clamp onto the rods and what parts will I need for this (ie the names so I can order some)?

How exactly does the wood clamp onto the rods

Looking at the photo I would say that the clamping mechanism consist of two pieces of ply one above and one below the rail. Each piece has a half round groove slightly shallower* than the radius of the rail router into it. The two pieces are then clamped together and drilled at 6mm in order to accept a bolt. The bottom of the bottom piece is drilled out and has a 6mm bolt epoxied in place e.g. the bolt passes up through the bottom and top pieces and the thread sticks out the top. A bristol lever http://www.workshopessentials.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62 is fitted for tightening.

That's how I'd do it anyway :D

* The groove has to be slightly shallower than the radius of the rail or it won't grip. A V-groove would also work fine.

Hi,

Nearly right! the holes where drilled than the ply cut in half for the smaller ones the bigger one I clamped the ply together drilled then plained a layer or two off.

Carriage bolts and bristol leavers for clamping or you can use T-nuts and bolts.

The bar/tube came from B&Q the bolts from Wilcos.

Pete

Back