Drum sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own the Laguna 16 32 drum sander? I am considering buying one but have no experience with drum sanders, I need advice as to whether this small sander would be useful for small projects and which model in the £1500 budget would be the best model to go for.

I have one and love it, got it just before the prices went sky high. I make boxes mainly and it has proved itself time and time again on both large and small pieces, you can make really fine standings/adjustment. It’s easy to set up, I’ve put mine on top of of a rolling cupboard and can position it around the workshop, I’ve surprised myself how much I use it, would not be without it now.

Thanks for that info boxes and small doors are what I need it for and I like your idea of a rolling stand,are the belts easy to source and what would be the price?

Bought mine from Yandles , the guys on the phones are brilliant and will tell you everything you need to know including the different sanding roll options. Can‘t recommend the enough.

are the belts easy to source and what would be the price?
Hi Kevin, we carry good stocks of pre-cut belts - approx £25 inc vat for a pack of 4 with different grit options. 36/80/120/150/180 G
Or you can just buy standard 3" wide cloth back longer rolls from elsewhere & cut your own.
Using a cleaner stick massively extends the belt life too as it will unclog it.
Cheers, Nick

Back