Dropped a clanger..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond UK

Established Member
Reaction score
When someone orders a toy box with the name BETSY and you spell it BETSIE.

Best start chiseling, sanding, painting and cutting new letters again.

Could kick myself really... :|

When I used to do engraving (many moons ago now) I engraved a blokes silver ID bracelet with Brain instead of Brian. :oops:

Garno":1ekevwj3 said:
When I used to do engraving (many moons ago now) I engraved a blokes silver ID bracelet with Brain instead of Brian. :oops:
When I was a child my father wrote Brain in a Christmas book they gave me. (I was called Brian, my second name as my father got the Jim)

A friend of mine was in Whitby last week, where she saw a sign by a fire extinguisher which said

EMERGENCY EQIPMENT

This wasn't handwritten or A4 printed, it was engraved in brass and mounted.

I cut a scroll saw name for my niece Lexie last year, spent ages sanding it put a top coat of stain on, then my wife said "you've missed the e at the end , it's spelled L.E.X.I.E..." (hammer) .
So I cut the I off and her gave a "Lex" name sign :oops:

Well, Betsy or Betsie or Beastie is all ready for round two of painting. They look better unpainted anyway. :twisted:

Just got the letters to cut and make sure I cut them right tis time..... :roll:

I had to remake my house number the first one came out as a number 6 instead of 9.

:wink:

Pete

Steve Maskery":1s579w20 said:
phil.p":1s579w20 said:
In the dark and distant past a relative had the forenames Ann Withanee. :lol:

Really? Shouldn't she be.....?

Or is that the joke?

:)

Well it could be - but I'd not put it past a person recording the name on her birth certificate getting it wrong (and the parents having either the sense of humor or other reason to leave it be) - I mean just look at these:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=names ... 17#imgrc=_

Years ago back in 1992 or 1993 I worked in a print company in Holland as a desktop publisher and had to design the schedules for APL (American President Lines).

As websites were still a new thing back then they wanted in big writing: Visit our Website which I spelled as Webstie.

No one proof read it and 800.000 copies were printed.... :oops: Time to change career...

Betsy is all OK now..

Back