Dremel Advice Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabs

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Got a Dremel - got the nano-router-thing and the micro-mini-drill press with it. Years ago. I've only ever used it for pinning knife handles and getting rid of forge scale on hammered finishes

I imagine it's got many uses in woodworking (engraving / carving?) but I'm struggling to think of many with all them rippums!

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks @Tris for making me wonder if it had more utility!

Thanks.

With that router widget and a good carbide bit it's great for cutting grooves for stringing and fine inlay work, as you can do metal too I'd rig up a device to hold it horizontal on the bench hands free, maybe with a little table for fine sanding/cutting. Add some Meccano cogs and bits and you could build a gadget to cut small gears

I use mine with the little Veritas plunge base which is excellent. I agree about sting lines but also use it for making shallow recesses formy name plates and clearing the bulk of the waste from small lapped dovetails in box work and small drawers.

Jim

Ask @Stigmorgan in a couple of weeks 😆🤣
seriously though, i dont have a dremel, but theres a load of ideas on pinterest 👍
100%, it's surprising just how useful they are, my current one is easily 25 years old and has only just broken down and that's because the cable has broken inside.
16745670081897479970454676314752.jpg

Looks exactly like mine which must be nearly as old - still working as well as ever. My only criticism is runout on the chuck or shaft which means that string lines will turn out a bit wider than the nominal diameter of the cutter.

Jim

Back