Drawer runners sliders - heavy duty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSteve

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for good quality draw runners that are **not** made of pressed tin that have a max life expectancy of a year or so.

I need the runners to extend by about 450mm -600mm from their fixed position. Hopefully if I get some with a good weight carrying capacity, they'll last 20 plus years under normal domestic use.

This company makes some supper runners - http://gsf-slides.co.uk/en/index.asp Are the others?

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys,

I've looked at the Blum products before, they're not exactly heavy duty. I've taken a look at the flash Grass website/products, as I said flash, but nothing really heavy duty :(

Accuride have an industrial range...with industrial prices to match!

If your objective is twenty years domestic use then Blum will deliver that and more besides, plus their heavy duty range can deal with any kind of load you're ever likely to meet in a domestic situation.

If you genuinely want something for an industrial application, (drawers capable of carrying 20 stone bodies in a morgue, or drawer runners that can support 200 kilos of engine components), and you have deep pockets, then Accuride is worth a look.

Someone once said, if a woman wants a kitchen knife she pops out and buys one. But if a man wants a kitchen knife then he doesn't just want a kitchen knife, he wants the kitchen knife, so he'll spend days researching kitchen knives, terrified that somewhere out there might exist a kitchen knife that's just a smidgeon better than the one everyone raves about on the kitchen knife forums!

I suspect this might be an illustration of that in practise. The OP doesn't want drawer runners, he wants the drawer runners!

I think all runners will be made from pressed steel (not tin) and will have a load rating. I also find Blum or Grass to be good and have no reason to doubt their load rating.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the leads :)

I think Custard is getting close to the point. Perhaps I've encountered too many cardboard kitchen units with drinks can metal for sliders :( This is for my own kitchen which is going to be oak and I intend to only do it once. I really don't want to revisit the job in my lifetime, hence looking around. I do like the engineered solutions from GSF, expensive yes, but will last.

As an alternative to Blum i can highly recommend Hettich. Much like Blum but slightly cheaper.

Back