Blum soft close draw runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

All the drawers I've made have run on dust frame style ie wooden runners. I've never used mechanical slide runners like I have in my Kitchen. These are Blum soft close style...and they are of course fantastic.

I'm planning to make some tool cabinets for my workshop...its been a job I've meant to do for years now. I fancy having those really deep drawers that have full extension runners so I can pull them right out and get access to routers etc ie they need to carry some serious weight.

The question is....what is the name of that style drawer runner? Is Blum a good choice (I use their euro style hinges all the time and love them). Also any other comments, advice would be gratefully received....ie traps to avoid.....whats the best design to opt for and why. I just know squat about drawer slides

Many thanks

Tandem you want they're not cheap though I just bought a few soft close full extension ones and I think they were around £30 a pair

Ironmongery Direct also do a "motion" undermount full extension soft-close drawer runner that's OK - here. Not up to Blum quality (they close with a bit of a 'fting') but I've used them in workshop drawers and they've been fine. Were pretty cheap, too.

HTH Pete

Back