Drawer runner problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will_89

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with the motion ball race double extension runners from ironmongery direct?
I've fitted four 600mm wide drawers on the 250mm runners, they are binding or crabbing quite badly when I try to shut them. There are twelve drawers altogether, four are 400mm wide on 300mm runners and these are Working fine. There is another four that are 650 wide on 250mm runners and these are working ok. I've tried adjusting the runners and checked that the drawers are the correct width etc, but can't stop it.
The product code for the runners is 970909.(sorry can't figure how to put a link to them from my phone)
I don't think it's a problem with the runners as it's on all four drawers.

Appreciate any help,

Will.

I find that if a drawer is a lot wider than it is deep it has a tendency to do that. Especially side mounted runners. Sounds like the drawers might be slightly too narrow, the runners will have tabs on that you can lever in a bit to take up the difference. Look on the part you fix to the carcass.
It might help.

First thing I would do is swap the 250mm runners from one of the 650mm draws that are working OK and try that on a 600. If it works then the draws/carcases are at fault if its OK then try it on the 650 and if it still does not work then its the runners but unlikely that you ended up with the 4 faulty runners all on the narrower of the two draws.

Are you using draw screws as the heads on standard CSK screws can catch the runners

Latest posts

Back