Draper WTL12A

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinReeves

Reaction score
I have recently acquired the above lathe, which is missing most of the attachments.
I have purchase spurs drive & revolving centres and a drill chuck thinking they were all MT1 which is stated on the spec.
However although the spindle will accept MT1, I find the tail stock will not accept MT1, could it be MT0. if so does anybody make an adaptor

I assume from your post that the MT1 fittings are too big?

This is the size chart for MT fittings which may help:

CF6D163A-E145-40A2-B330-FB0C00FCDF1E.jpeg

If it is indeed a small fitting then any converter will have to stick out quite some way (and indeed may be a ‘special’ you’d have to commission which may cost quite a bit since they should be a ground finish and I would think strength would be an issue at these smaller sizes.

Simon

Attachments

• CF6D163A-E145-40A2-B330-FB0C00FCDF1E.jpeg
    CF6D163A-E145-40A2-B330-FB0C00FCDF1E.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 639
I don't know the lathe, but I have a lathe that takes a shorter mt1 tailstock fitting.

Hello the tailstock is mt2 and the drive spur is mt1
I bought the cheapest one on ebay, can't give you the link as the seller doesn't sell it anymore
MT2 Live Center Morse Taper Triple Bearing Morse Taper #2 High Speed Turning 60°
( 322590876455 )
Here is the link to my post... post1160485.html?hilit=lathe#p1160485
It turned out to be different from the one in the first pic, but it is good
It is smooth instead of knurled of whatever other pattern.
You can measure the morse taper at the start of the opening..i.e big end of the tailstock and be sure, you don't need any fancy angle gear,
just any old ruler I found, or use a calipers and set it to inches
The chart above is top advice
Tom

Back