Dovetail jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CS Bespoke Furniture

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just got a lumberjack dtj300 dovetail jig and having some issues.

First off the cutter that came with it broke the first time I used it, so I got myself a trend cutter bit. However when using it, the dovetails never fit together. Just way too tight width ways, so I was wondering whether it's because of the new cutter (do these have to be an exact size) or whether I'm missing something really stupid.

Any help would be great. Thank you

You need to check what angle and diameter the jig needs the cutter bit to be. They come in all sorts, and need to be just right.

MattRoberts":2pjotr5o said:
You need to check what angle and diameter the jig needs the cutter bit to be. They come in all sorts, and need to be just right.

Pure bad luck I ordered the 15mm cutter and I need one that's a max of 1/2". Trend do a cutter at 12mm so I'll see if I can swap. Thank you for the quick response. First time I've used a jig so bound to get something wrong hahaha

As it happens I had this same problem last week all be it with a Dewalt jig. The fix for a joint that's too tight is to make the depth of cut shallower. In my case it was by approximately 3mm but that resulted in an excellent fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wide74":315fiuf9 said:
As it happens I had this same problem last week all be it with a Dewalt jig. The fix for a joint that's too tight is to make the depth of cut shallower. In my case it was by approximately 3mm but that resulted in an excellent fit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Had a look on Amazon questions asked and apparently doesn't work at all with a 15mm cutter. Wrong size fingers on the jig. Can't make the dovetails shallower either, on smallest already

Latest posts

Back