• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Double ended shooter...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
..not sure if I ever posted this here - I think I did, as I recall, the idea actually came from here due to a vintage picture.

This was a beech shooter that I'd made a couple of years ago, and it's so discarded that it's growing mold, I guess (its performance encouraged me to make a skew infill shooter, but I may resurrect it and give it what it really needs - a brass wear strip in front of the mouth, which is the source of most of the performance issues - mouth erosion.

It's not that big of a deal that it's not used - it took about a sixth of the time to make that the skew infill took and I learned something from it.

That would work

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say I had a shot gun in mind before I opened this thread. I thought mmm dangerous :shock:

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Andy T. Without his input, I never would've made this plane that I don't use. :) I may be moved to fix its issues and make a fixture for it just to have, though.

post1147398.html#p1147398

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
D_W":3j1k02vj said:
Thanks to Andy T. Without his input, I never would've made this plane that I don't use. :) I may be moved to fix its issues and make a fixture for it just to have, though.

post1147398.html#p1147398
I thought I had seen that plane before!
A very impressive piece of work.

Argus

Established Member
Reaction score
Are the two bed-angles the same?

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. The objective with the type (I guess) is to be able to plane uphill on the miter no matter the orientation of the wood. I'd envisioned the plane also as a long grain shooter, but since it's a double iron setup, there's no need for two irons with that.