Double ended shooter...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
..not sure if I ever posted this here - I think I did, as I recall, the idea actually came from here due to a vintage picture.

This was a beech shooter that I'd made a couple of years ago, and it's so discarded that it's growing mold, I guess (its performance encouraged me to make a skew infill shooter, but I may resurrect it and give it what it really needs - a brass wear strip in front of the mouth, which is the source of most of the performance issues - mouth erosion.

6Q8Sncz.jpg

5A0aioP.jpg

ZsPr27E.jpg

It's not that big of a deal that it's not used - it took about a sixth of the time to make that the skew infill took and I learned something from it.

Thanks to Andy T. Without his input, I never would've made this plane that I don't use. :) I may be moved to fix its issues and make a fixture for it just to have, though.

post1147398.html#p1147398

D_W":3j1k02vj said:
Thanks to Andy T. Without his input, I never would've made this plane that I don't use. :) I may be moved to fix its issues and make a fixture for it just to have, though.

post1147398.html#p1147398

I thought I had seen that plane before!
A very impressive piece of work.

Yes. The objective with the type (I guess) is to be able to plane uphill on the miter no matter the orientation of the wood. I'd envisioned the plane also as a long grain shooter, but since it's a double iron setup, there's no need for two irons with that.

Back