Don't laugh.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Since joining the forum i have mainly been on the woodturning channel trying to improve my turning,so i Just thought i'd share some of the other projects that i've made with you and how i set my workshop up.
I have always done woodwork from school days right up to present day,mainly in the jewellery trade :!: :!: :!: but never had anything to do with furniture making.
First off i always wanted to have a go at making rocking horses,so i first set up my shop,about six years ago,purposely to make RHs,but as time went on i was asked to do other things as you do,so more tools were bought,as you do.
The first piccy is the last horse i made.

These are my first attempts t doing some furniture.
We needed some storage space so drawers seemed the ideal solution.

So more drawers were made.

Then i had to make something for SWMBO for all the china and other ornaments the result was this cabinet,also made the fire surround just in the piccy.

All these drawers and the cabinet were made from ply frames using timber from old doors,think it's Scots pine.
So there we are.Not upto cabinetmaking standards but it suits us.
More like the Salvager meets the Reclaimers meets the NYW. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul.J.

That's nice work Paul.

Worthy of Norm and far better than anything I've seen on Reclaimers or The Salvager.

Lovely rocking horse. I bet the recipient of that is over the moon.

Jeff

Mdotflorida":2ot7yoiw said:
Worthy of Norm and far better than anything I've seen on Reclaimers or The Salvager.

Hear,hear =D>

Excellent stuff - the rocking horse is fantastic :D

Andrew

If you can make rocking horses like that then you're worthy of your user name! Care to share a little more detail? Did you design it yourself?

I love the rocking horse. Wonderful.

Adam

Laugh Paul - jealous more like. Would take me 2 years at present rate to make all of those pieces.

You are too modest, that is very nice work indeed. Well done sir!

Congrats on the output Paul, as an original Brummie I can quite happily live with the ethic of "it does the job and it meets our needs" and when it is to as presentable a standard as that you are quite entitled to be happy with it.

I really like the cabinets & would be more than pleased if I'd come up with something that good.

Thanks for all your kind comments.
It's difficult to know what sort of reaction you will get showing some of your own work off like this.Your always,well i am thinking have i done this right,do the sizes look in proportion etc etc.But still thats just me :!: :!: :!:

Houtslager wrote
where did you get the ironmongery ?
All the hardware was from the Rocking Horse Shop,in York.
They supply everything you need to make a RH.

RogerM wrote
Care to share a little more detail? Did you design it yourself?
The horse was copied from plans supplied by TRHS,as above,though no two horses ever turn out the same.
This particular horse was the sixth one i made,and was made for my friends wife 40th birthday,yes they are not just for kids.
She was as they say over the moon.

Paul.J.

Bloody amazing Pics \:D/ \:D/ :norm: :norm: =D> =D> =D> :) :) .I would love to be able to make stuff like that.Well Done. =D>

Back